Most of its business comes from free listings in Internet search engines. Because Impulse Communications owns thousands of domain names, Impulse Communications is listed many times in the search engines.
Impulse Communications uses additional marketing methods to bring people to its sites, including:
- Text link advertising
- Press releases
- Paid search engine listings, paying for higher placement in the search result lists, on such sites as Google.com and Yahoo.com.
Impulse Communications plans to increase its customer traffic to its existing websites and expand into other Internet industries by:
- Increasing its advertising to expand its customer base
- Opening websites in markets where it already owns related domain names, but have not as yet set up a website
- Upgrading the graphics and content on its existing websites to be more appealing to visitors
- Buying additional domain names for the purpose of opening more websites
To implement the foregoing, Impulse Communications needs no new equipment, employees, or bandwidth. Most of the work will be done by existing employees, the rest by independent contractors.
Because there is virtually no cost for it to enter each industry, Impulse Communications has much room to grow. Impulse Communications has several thousand unused domain names that Impulse Communications plans to develop into revenue-generating websites.