Domain Names I Recently Sold – Part 2

By | January 4, 2010

Below is a list of some of the domain names that I have sold over the past few months. These are all domains I owned personally. A few sales were through brokers, most were from people who looked up that I was the owner and then contacted me:
CelebGossip.com – $5000
FixErrors.com – $2000
MoneyListings.com – $1100
BeautyExpert.com – $3750
ResourceHome.com – $1000
TowersCasino.com – $350
NYCStudent.com – $250
FindRates.com $5500
TeenDays.com – $250
AutoWizarards.com – $750
SportsFishermen.com – $1000
OxymoronList.com – $2500
4Mags.com – $750
ParentSavings.com – $1000
BroadwayStage.com – $2000
WickedLingerie.com – $1000
CarInsuranceLeads.com – $1000
SecureDating.com – $2500

Share: facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

10 thoughts on “Domain Names I Recently Sold – Part 2

  1. a bad salesman

    those are some good sales. I hit a dryspell in late 09′ and haven’t made a sale since. maybe you can coach me lol.

    cheers,

  2. Adam

    Nice sales Eric . where did you sell most of them ? direct inquiries ? Afternic ? sedo ?

    1. admin Post author

      Around 90% are direct inquiries, the other 10% are through sedo and afternic.

  3. t

    I I especially like findrates.com,…A great lead generation site,…

  4. M. Menius

    Congrats on your sales. Curious if negotiation drove the final sales price, or if you just provided a BIN and the buyer accepted that. Thanks.

    1. admin Post author

      I almost always let the buyer make an offer first. Almost all of the buyers don’t see my nameshopping.com site, so they don’t know my asking price.

  5. ReachConnection

    Eric, you mentioned that the buyers didn’t look at NameShopping.com so were the prices offered above what you were expecting? If so can you care to mention the margin or the difference between what you were expecting and got?

    Also, I like to know the sort of domain purchase strategy that you use.

    1. admin Post author

      No, I don’t think I have ever had anybody offer higher than my asking price. But, it can’t hurt to keep trying. Most offers are in the range of $100 – $500, which is usually only 10%-20% of my asking price. For buying domains, I usually buy them at auctions. When I deal with a private seller, I usually make a very low offer, since I am not looking to buy domains unless they are very cheap deals.

    1. admin Post author

      The domain I sold was NYCStudent.com, for $250, not NYUstudents.com.

Comments are closed.